Protect by Provost Display
Medical Face Shield
- Face Shield to be used by Health Care Professionals (HCP) as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) under the EUA authorized by the CDC on 04/13/2020.
- Face Shield may be effective in preventing HCP exposure to certain particulates. Face Shields provide minimal or low barrier protection to wearer and are intended to be worn in addition to all other necessary PPE.
- Face Shield is intended to cover the front and sides of the face.
- Face Shield is intended to be used by a single user 1 – 3 times before disposal. Cleaning and Disinfecting is required between each use. (see cleaning instructions below)
- Material is Self-Extinguishing but is not intended to be used in the presence of high intensity heat
Body Contacting Materials
- Clear Plastic: RPET – Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Foam Barrier: Zialoc 520 Industrial PVC Foam
- Elastic Head Band: Latex-Free Elastic
- Slide and Rivet Hardware – Nylon
Medical Face Shield Fitting Instructions:
- Hold the face shield in hands with the foam at the top.
- With one hand stretch the elastic head band around the top of your head. Position Elastic slightly above ears on the sides and higher towards the back of the head.
- Foam barrier should sit in the middle of the forehead
- Adjust elastic head band by pulling one side until elastic is snug against head.
- Follow recommended cleaning instructions listed below in order to use Face Shields more than once. Shields should not be cleaned and used more than three times.
- Clean with gloves or other hand protections.
- Using a clean cloth wipe the entire shield with 91% – 99% Isopropyl Alcohol or other Disinfectant Cleansers recommended by the CDC.
- Let dry in a sterile environment and place in a sealable bag or container until the next use.